URGENT NEW ROLE. BASED TUNBRIDGE WELLS AREA. PERMANENT ONLY.
This role will involve working closely with the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, hands-on qualified accountant with company finances but will also be commercially aware and able to provide sound judgement when considering the best path to continually develop the business.
The CFO has overall control and responsibility for all financial and legal matters as well as aspects of company strategy and its implementation. He/she is expected to prepare and analyse the financial results and make appropriate recommendations to the Board based on these findings.
Responsible for the management of a small finance team, the CFO will lead and provide direct assistance during quarter end, year end and annual budgeting exercises using excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, including working with other departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
Being a publically listed company your duties will ensure all AIM rules and regulations are complied with; managing and coordinating all taxation matters and provide corporate finance advice and assistance. In addition, the CFO will manage and ensure compliance with all company policies and authority levels.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function including provision of KPI data, accurate and timely quarter end management accounts and VAT returns.
- Preparation on annual budgets, ad hoc forecasts and appropriate analyses to contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business.
- Ensuring robust financial systems (including replacement of current Quickbooks software) and processes are in place and integrated with other company systems/processes to allow for growth.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts for the plc and subsidiaries
- Lead and develop the finance team (currently 2 staff)
- Work with senior management to grow the business and formulate plans.
- Take responsibility for cash, debt and risk management.
- Ensure that the regulatory and compliance requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, shareholders, finance providers, suppliers, auditors and advisors.
- Take responsibility for company legal matters as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified member of a UK accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification with knowledge of IFRS, taxation and company law.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to handle pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation.
This role is permanent. It is senior and strategic but also very much a hands on role as and when necessary.
If you feel you fit the profile then please email your CV to Roger at Jump IT in the first instance